Rang & Dale’s Pharmacology 8th Edition is one of the most popular books in the world of Clinical Pharmacology. This book has successfully delivered core concepts as well as important knowledge of drugs that are most frequently encountered in clinical practice. This article contains direct download links for Rang & Dale’s Pharmacology 8th Edition PDF Book.
But before we go to the Rang & Dale’s Pharmacology 8th Edition PDF free download, let’s take a look at a few important things!
Key Features of Rang & Dale’s Pharmacology 8th Edition
- Easy-to-understand description of drug mechanisms.
- Great emphasis on high-yield topics.
- Color-coded layouts to help you easily navigate through the book.
- Clinical Uses boxes to help you understand the clinical approach of a drug’s use.
- Key point boxes for quickly mastering drugs that are important.
- Full-color illustrations of the mechanism of action of drugs and drug interactions.
Table of Contents
Below is the table of contents for Rang & Dale’s Pharmacology 8th Edition PDF Book:
SECTION 1: General Principles of Pharmacology
- What is pharmacology?
- How drugs act: general principles
- How drugs act: molecular aspects
- How drugs act: cellular aspects—excitation, contraction, and secretion
- Cell proliferation, apoptosis, repair, and regeneration
- Cellular mechanisms: host defense
- Method and measurement in pharmacology
- Drug absorption and distribution
- Drug metabolism and elimination
- Pharmacogenetics, pharmacogenomics and ‘personalised medicine’
SECTION 2: Chemical Mediators
- Chemical mediators and the autonomic nervous system
- Cholinergic transmission
- Noradrenergic transmission
- 5-Hydroxytryptamine and the pharmacology of a migraine
- Local hormones: cytokines, biologically active lipids, amines and peptides
- Peptides and proteins as mediators
- Nitric oxide
SECTION 3: Drugs affecting major organ systems
- The heart
- The vascular system
- Atherosclerosis and lipoprotein metabolism
- Hemostasis and thrombosis
- Hemopoietic system and treatment of anemia
- Anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressant drugs
- The respiratory system
- The kidney
- The gastrointestinal tract
- The control of blood glucose and drug treatment of diabetes mellitus
- The pituitary and the adrenal cortex
- The thyroid
- The reproductive system
- Bone metabolism
SECTION 4: The Nervous System
- Chemical transmission and drug action in the central nervous system
- Amino acid transmitters
- Other transmitters and modulators
- Neurodegenerative diseases
- General anesthetic agents
- Analgesic drugs
- Local anesthetics and other drugs affecting sodium channels
- Anxiolytic and hypnotic drugs
- Antiepileptic drugs
- Antipsychotic drugs
- Antidepressant drugs
- CNS stimulants and psychotomimetic drugs
- Drug addiction, dependence, and abuse
- Section 5: Drugs used for the treatment of infections, cancer, and immunological disorders
- Basic principles of antimicrobial chemotherapy
- Antibacterial drugs
- Antifungal drugs
- Antiprotozoal drugs
- Anthelminthic drugs
- Anticancer drugs
SECTION 5: Special topics
- Individual variation and drug interaction
- Harmful effects of drugs
- Lifestyle drugs and drugs in sport
- Biopharmaceuticals and gene therapy
- Drug discovery and development
Rang & Dale’s Pharmacology 8th Edition PDF Free Download
Please use the direct link below to download Rang & Dale’s Pharmacology 8th Edition PDF for free: